The research alone would force me to be more intentional about the topic...wouldn't it?
Mark 4:10 Says "And when he was alone, those around him with the twelve asked him about the parables. 11- And he said to them,
"To you have been given the secret of the kingdom of God,
but for those outside everything is spoken in parables so that
they may indeed see but not perceive,
and may indeed hear but not understand..."
Later in the devotional reading, Chambers goes further into the understanding.
"They constantly asked Him questions, and He constantly expounded things to them, but they only understood after the received the Holy Spirit."
John 14:25-26 tells us - "These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have spoken to you." (Jesus speaking)
They could not understand until the Holy Spirit taught and brought revelation and understanding. God desires that we understand, that we comprehend what He has spoken to us. But He makes it clear through Jesus words that understanding is not possible without the Holy Spirit.
Oswald Chambers last words for today are "Jesus can expound nothing until we get through all the noisy questions of the head and are alone with Him."
Thank you Lord for the precious Gift of the Holy Spirit. I am so thankful today that I do not have to "wait". I need only to come...to abide in you and your Holy Spirit reveals to me the things you desire for me to know.
We are living the NOW of the verse in John 14!
The Helper has come!
The Holy Spirit
The Teacher
The waiting today seems to be waiting on ourselves - to be still enough to hear - to open ourselves as ones being taught - with a deep desire to:
Hear the Word
Accept the Word
Bear Fruit
Help Me LORD today as I sit with you...
Heart up for your searching
Oh my goodness a whole year! Wouldn't that be something else. That season in life...to spend a year focusing on being alone with God...feels so distant it might as well be another country!
ReplyDeleteAhh but I love that we don't have to suffer living without revelation. Truly, that would be like walking blindly through the gospels. I would read and have no way of applying. It makes you realize what a gem we have. Cayden saw my bible one day opened to Matthew and he asked, "Are all the red words what Jesus said?" I answered, yes. He paused and then added, "Jesus sure does talk alot." HAHA. Thank God He did. :)
Reading and having no way of applying...knowing what we are blessed to know now....even though it leaves room for much more...reading and not understanding...what a horrible thought...
ReplyDeleteCayden - I am so thankful Jesus talked so much!
heehee. me too. And I'm so grateful for kids. They enlighten me with their view of things. :) Love it!!!
ReplyDelete