Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Alone With God

Mark 4:34

When they were alone, He expounded all things to His disciples.

Jesus is teaching the disciples in parables. In Mark chapter 4, verse 33 & 34 says "With many such parables he spoke the word to them, as they were able to hear it. He did not speak to them without a parable, but privately to his own disciples he explained everything." ESV

As they were able to hear it...

What do I miss because I am unable to slow myself from the daily rush in my head? It's not even always about "doing" so much as it is about thoughts and what takes up my time in my thought life. Help me Lord to draw near to the private place where you want to take me to hear you.

I DO NOT want to miss what He privately wants to explain to me. It is a privilege that He cares to be that personal with me.

Reveal yourself to me I pray

Your revelation brings conviction
Your revelation brings sweetness
Your revelation brings repentance
Your revelation brings refinement

Keep me near
Keep me humble
Don't let me miss the refining work you want to do in me

I desire to hear your voice today saying this is the way; walk in it...

What is the Lord wanting to expound to you today?

Palms Up - Heart Up - Be Still

No comments:

Post a Comment