This is my Saturday post, although it is being posted at a little after midnight :-) So much for getting it written before the day literally ended!!
Referring to Abraham obeying God, Hebrews 11:8 reminds me "By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place where he would receive as an inheritance." (Hebrews 11:8 ESV)
Chambers asks "Have you been asking God what He is going to do? He will never tell you. God does not tell you what He is going to do— He reveals to you who He is. Do you believe in a miracle-working God, and will you "go out" in complete surrender to Him until you are not surprised one iota by anything He does?"
Then I read further to note in part b of that same verse, that it says, "And he went out, NOT KNOWING where he was going (my emphasis). By faith he went..."
"And he went out..." I desire for that to be my attitude...I want to have the courage of Abraham to be obedient to God to "go out" with no promise of my comfort, nor my receiving back that which I lay down on the alter, but knowing and really believing that He alone is sufficient to meet all of my needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus! (Philippians 4:19 ESV)
As I write I am aware that this takes a continual conscious reminder of who is in control. I need to die to myself in order that God may lead me out. I cannot have any reservations or hold anything too tightly and expect to be led out. I have to make room to be led.
In quietness and confidence is my strength.
The fruit of righteousness will be peace;
the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever.
(Isaiah 32:17 NIV)
Lord..Today my prayer is that I would walk in the quietness and confidence that is mine because of the righteousness of your Son Jesus Christ. Help me to walk in this manner as you call me to "go out.
Palms Up...
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment