1 Thessalonians 5:23
"And I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless."
Chambers entices me when he refers to "The great mystical work of the Holy Spirit in the dim regions of our personality, which we cannot get at." At first I loose hope thinking he is suggesting we are not able to access the mystical power of the Holy Spirit. But then I read onto see where he leads us.
He leads us to "The God of the early mornings, the God of the late at nights, the God of the mountain peaks, and the God of the sea..."
Lead me on I pray...let me not be not be distracted Holy God!
I remember a recent conversation with a friend. She shared with me how God is teaching her about imagination. He is the very One who gave us imagination...He created us with it...it is part of His design. Yet we are not encouraged to exercise our imaginations. Do we fear where it will take us? Do we fear we will in some way dishonor God? Can we turn this over to Him and ask Him to teach us to use and trust our imagination to lead us to the most perfect place? To HIM.
Oswald's challenge - "Do we believe that God can garrison the imagination far beyond where we can go? 'The blood of Jesus Christ cleanseth us from all sin' - if that means in conscious experience only, may God have mercy on us. The man who has been made obtuse by sin will say he is not conscious of sin. Cleansing from sin is to the very heights and depths of our Spirit if we will keep in the light as He is in the light, and the very Spirit that fed the life of Jesus Christ will feed the life of our spirits. It is only when we are garrisoned by God with the stupendous sanctity of the Holy Spirit, that spirit, soul and body are preserved in unspotted integrity, undeserving of censure in God's sight until Jesus comes."
Spirit soul and body Lord I want to yeild all to you for you to take my imagination to the places you deisre. Help me to yeild with all that I am...trusting. Take me to the places in your Word where I can be reminded of those who came before us who caled out to you with all the imagination they could muster up and let us journey with them to the places you took them.
Let our minds be surrendered...teach us O Lord...
Several days ago I ended with "Palms up?"
Today I bless you and myself with the benediction of ...Minds Up!!
As always...would love to hear your thoughts...
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment