Chambers makes no bones about it. I love it. The point is the cross of Jesus Christ! He quotes Philippians 1:20, which the Moffat version tells me:
"This is in keeping with my own eager desire and persistent expectation and hope, that I shall not disgrace myself nor be put to shame in anything; but that with the utmost freedom of speech and unfailing courage, now as always heretofore, Christ (The Messiah) will be magnified and get glory and praise in this body of mine and be boldly exalted in my person, whether through (by) life or through (by) death."
Chambers cause for writing these words to encourage us is so that Christ The Messiah will be magnified. O Lord, help me to strive to abide in you and to let your Holy Spirit do His work in me enabling me to magnify you in all that I say, think and do in this coming year.
I am unable to carry this out in my own strength.
Thank you that you were well aware of that before you created me and formed me in my mothers womb.
Keep my desire burning and my expectation and hope persistent I pray.
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Eager and persistency. I love those two words, they eliminate the wavering and conditionality behind my hunger. Bad day = big prayers. Good day = big thanks. My normal days = chaos, unorganized devotion. I want the eagerness for His Word to prevail, the persistency to know Him to be unwavering, and the hands and feet that give Him glory to keep moving in the direction of people.
ReplyDeleteThe word Fullness is flashing!
ReplyDeleteESV Phil 1:20 reads as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that will FULL COURAGE now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death.
Fulllllnesssss is the cry of my heart.
and Christ is the Fullness of the Father
Col 1:28-20
18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19For God was pleased to have all his FULLNESS dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
Fullness and courage certainly go together, because it is his fullness that we need and it comes by faith, which we need to courage to trust Him and wait with faith. He is emmanuel, God with us :)
Bring it on 2010. Fill us Lord you are willing.
Thanks you Lord that you are the fullness that we long for are you are pleased to dwell with us each day , we have only to cry out to you.