Sunday, January 3, 2010

"Clouds and Darkness"

Oswald Chambers turns my attention to Psalm 97:2 today.

"Clouds and darkness are round about Him"

He goes on to say that "The only possibility of understanding the teaching of Jesus Christ is by the light of the Spirit of God on the inside."

I am so grateful that You O Lord shine the light of your understanding upon the minds of those you choose.

My desire is to understand the teachings of Jesus Christ and the commands and precepts of the Lord with a spiritual mind. My natural mind is NOT designed to understand, comprehend, agree or cooperate with the things of the Spirit.

When I have gained knowledge that is not by the way of the Spirit, it may give me momentary understanding and change of attitude or actions, but it will not sustain me to carry out the will of God in my life. Since I do not live for this world, but one beyond here that I call my home, I cannot settle there. I must have life and depth of understanding that will impact all things in my life. It is my only hope.

I pray for each person who reads this blog and any portion of the Word of God to ask the Holy Spirit to give them understanding. I pray for comprehension illuminated by the Spirit of God to bring depth of understanding.

3 comments:

  1. mmmmm amen bring depth into our comprehension Lord Jesus. And anoint our lips to serve that depth of knowledge as we speak of you to your children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where and when does this illumination occur is my next thought?
    Ask the Lord. Prayer; when he comes in.Possibly this is what Paul is speaking of when he says in Col 1: 9
    And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord., fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. 11 May you be strengthened with all power, according to him glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.

    1. asking for full spiritual wisdom and all else flows from there
    2. we need strength and endurance , and he the MIGHTY ONE to call on

    WE GET TO SHARE IN THE INHERITANCE OF THE SAINTS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great question about where the illumination comes from...and I love that you showed us the answer form the Word of God!!!!

    ~Being filled with the knowledge of His will

    ~Strengthened with all power

    ~According to His glorious might

    MMMM...we have an inheritance!!!

    ReplyDelete